The Microtec Advantage
- Vacuum Clamping: All Microtec machines feature specially designed vacuum chucks to clamp and hold specimens during sawing and grinding operations. Our test have shown vacuum clamping to be superior in every way to mechanical methods. It is fast to use and holds the glass slides securely, accurately, and in plane. This method also facilitates, when desired, grinding the glass slides to uniform thickness for the highest quality thin sections. Vacuum is supplied by a high efficiency diaphram type vacuum pump included as standard equipment.
- Micron Thickness Control: The section thickness is set by a large diameter micron-dial that controls the movement of a precision quill/spindle assembly. Actual movement of the quill is monitored by a precision digital indicator-- accurate to one micron.
- Coolant System: Coolant is delivered to the cutting area by a built-in recirculating pump included as standard equipment. The coolant supply is contained in a pull-out stainless steel coolant tray. The tray is easily removed for disposal of spent coolant an sediment. Provision is built-in for using tap water for ultimate cooling efficiency and purity.
- Automatic Feeding: Our automatic equipment features an exclusive feed system developed in our laboratory. The feed-rate is set by a dial that electronically controls the variable speed drive to the vacuum chuck. An adjustable slip clutch maintains constant, even cutting pressure on the working surface of the diamond blade or grinding plate regardless of the hardness of the specimen. This advanced system prevents abuse to the specimen and completely eliminates possible damage to the machine because of "jam-ups".
- Construction: Our machines are built to last and give many, many years of productive service. The frames and cabinets are made of high tensile strength aluminum alloy and exhibit great strength and rigidity. Every unit is constructed entirely from stainless steel, brass and aluminum so rust and other deterioration has been eliminated. Wearing parts are kept to a minimum; they are easy to lubricate and designed for long life.
Home | Micro-Trim | Micro-Sectioneer | Micro-Petralab
Text and graphics copyright© 1997 Microtec Engineering Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.